Biometric Reader Overview
ASEDrive IIIe Biometric readers offer outstanding performance and provide high compatibility level. ASEDrive IIIe Biometric readers are certified by USB Implementers Forum, Microsoft WHQL and NIST. ASEDrive IIIe Biometric readers provide the quality and functionality professionals require and are ideal for consumer use and corporate and government smart card applications.
- Complying with all major standards including; PC/SC, ISO7816 (T=0, T=1),
- Compatible with EMV, JIS X6303/6304, PC/SC, PIV and memory cards.
- High speed communication through USB 2.0 (full speed).
- On-board flash memory for field upgrading.
- Ability to assign unique registration data to a single reader or batch using a special EEPROM area.
- Support of high card-reader communication speed.
- Certified by USB Implementers Forum, Microsoft WHQL and NIST.
- Supports all major PC operating systems Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003/2008/2008 R2 Server.
ASEDrive IIIe Biometric devices are a high performance at an acceptable cost. Adopting state-of-the art technologies, ASEDrive IIIe Biometric devices provide the highest level of performance in an ergonomically designed package. ASEDrive IIIe Biometric fully complies with the PC/SC standard and can be seamlessly integrated within Windows environments.
Compliance with standards and certifications
ASEDrive IIIe Biometric Smart Card Reader comply with all major international industry standards such as ISO7816, Microsoft PC/SC, EMV, JIS X6303/6304, FIPS201. The Readers are suitable for most smart card application. ASEDrive IIIe is certified as Designed for XP, Working with Vista logo and “Compatible with Windows 7” by Microsoft. Certified by USB Implementers Forum as a USB Full 2.0 Speed device.
ASEDrive IIIe appear on the FIPS201 APL.
Designed for PKI
ASEDrive IIIe Biometric readers are designed for computationally intensive security applications, such as Digital Signature and PKI. ASEDrive IIIe can communicate with the smart card at speeds exceeding 500Kbps (model dependent) and with personal computers at up to 12Mbps (USB 2.0 Full Speed). The Athena readers also achieve higher performance by driving the smart card chip at up to four times the default frequency (when supported by the card). This feature is a significant performance advantage for intensive applications, such as Digital Signature. The ASEDrive IIIe Biometric design is based on Athena’s extensive experience in the manufacture of smart card readers and keyboards. The upgradeable firmware and driver software ensures the highest level of performance.